1.1.10

new year, new posts

i have decided that i really would like to post in here more. and possibly try to write some actual pieces that i will encourage strangers to check out, instead of just rambling to my friends who might hear these stories in person anyway. SELF INDULGENCE IS AWESOME. i have high hopes for developing a nice egotistical website where i can display posts from this blog, my travel blogs (most travel will be put in a different section than this blog; including my transcribed journal from last year's trip. work begins on that soon), my paintings, drawings, sculpture, t-shirt designs, random graphic design, and if i ever learn how.. then web design will also be displayed through the creation of the site itself. once i put some more time into web design i want to try to figure out how to make my own template for this blog, but until then i just changed some colors.

with this decision means that i need to be WAY more disciplined about writing and designing when i say i will. hopefully i can do that. i will have less classes, only one this time :typography. and i am going to be spending much of my free time on my new goal of SERIOUSLY finding a job and moving to nyc.

you may have noticed, i decided to begin with a name change.

i love morrissey. and his words. but it's time for me to use my own. i think he would prefer it that way. i would quote a line here about using your own words from a wonderful smiths song called frankly mr shankly, but i do believe the irony would be painful.

so youtube that song. or go to grooveshark.com. i have been pushing that site to everyone i know. its fantastic.

anyway. back to business. own words.

thus, the new title, a phrase i think only i have used:

nobody likes a dullard

hopefully i can at least maintain a level where i will not be considered dull. if you do find me dull, i encourage you all to not like me.

3 comments:

HelenW said...

I can't wait to read all your posts! I too am going to seriously commit to finding a job and getting a place of my own. We can do this, together.

Ry said...

i love this. and i love you. and this post was made on 10:17, which is the date of my birth (october 1th) so that obviously means something...at least to me it does. i'll be stalking this blog now. yay.

p.s. the word verification to make a comment was "ravoi" i thought it was "raviolli" womp.

HelenW said...

oh, and now you have inspired me to make some changes on my blog. You influencer. Hey, no red line, that's actually a word.