21.1.09

i was a child genius


(real posts, esp about travel are postponed until i get my real article done for work. i feel bad writing for fun when i should be writing for money)

when cleaning my room today, i found another box of old elementary school junk that we had kept in the attic. ( i went through a bunch of stuff and took photos of awesome projects, but they aren't on the comp. yet.) i just wanted to share some of these ridiculous gems, word for word. born in 86, mind, so these are when i was 7 or 8:

First page:

"November 18, 1993
My favorite thing to do in the whole world is to be a comidian and a teacher.I want to be a comidian because everybody thinks I am funny.I want to be a teacher because my brother toght me lots of stuff."

cleary he didn't 'toght' me enough.

original story:

"The Lost Dinosaur

Back when dinosaurs ruled the earth. There was a small herd of diplodocus. In the herd was a baby Diplodocus. They were walking a lot. So they stoped for a drink. The baby Diplodocus did’nt notice that the rest of the herd left for home! But suddenly! The baby diplodocus heard a loud ROAR! It was a Tyrannosaurus Rex! The baby Diplodocus was very frightend! Then the diplodoci came and rescued the baby. And they lived happily ever after.The End "

amendment: UNTIL THEY ALL DIED A TERRIBLE MASSIVE GROUP DEATH
also take note of the fact that i can spell tyrannosaurus and diplodocus, yet 'stopped' was too difficult for me. i told you i like dinosaurs. what you're really missing here is the AWESOME drawing. i am going to try and get that up here. i mean. it's awesome.

boy did little Stacey love standardized testing! :

“April 15, 1994All About the IowasThe Iowas is a test that you take in school. It is a very fun test. And it’s pretty long. They call it the Iowas because it came from Iowa. Can you belive it? a test named after it’s own state! The Iowas are easy. You start the Iowas in first grade. So when it’s your turn to take the Iowas you don’t have to be scared. I like the Iowas."

WHAT A LOSER. and this kid thinks she can be a comIdian?! fool.

and finally i would like to not that on may 3. 1994, as part of my note for mother's day. i told my mother i was going to buy her a car because she fed me and gave me cloths. at the bottom of the page I drew a picture of a red “jaguar XJ2twenty” to give to my mom. maybe that's why i watch top gear.hopefully i will get some of the sweet drawings up soon. there are so many dinosaur drawings. and what seems to be a short phase of hot air balloons

2 comments:

HelenW said...

I just read this on facebook. lol to Brady's messages.

lol The Iowa's. Awesome.

Tony said...

my favorite post ever.

you are the best comidian.

hot air balloon as well.