10.11.08

Flight and arrival

So it seems my time just rolls over in this internet cafe. though i have to leave in 15 to 20 minutes so i can find my train. and find a WC. Here is what i wrote on the plane and such:

My plan was to begin by saying that i am sitting here in the aisle seat of my continental jet listening to music by john coltrane. however, since my music player doesnt seem to be working, i am instead sitting here listening to the movie Henry Poole is Here, making sure to keep my seatbelt on in case things get nuts. But lets start at the beginning.

I woke at 5am from one of those sleeps where it seems like you just closed your eyes and suddenly your alarm is going off. My dad kindly drove me to the Newark airport. Airports are interesing i decided. I found myself walking past random groups of people wondering, what business do you and your son have in aruba, sir? or I didnt know St maartens was spelled that way, why are there only two peopl sitting by that gate do they know each other? will they go the whole journey wihtout talking? Airports are prime people watching locations.

My luck can't seem to decide if it wants to comply with London rules or general real life rules. I got in, checked my bag, no trouble with the backpack as a carry on (thanks again jess)! The lady at checkin eyes me suspiciously and asks how old i am. 22, i reply. And then she just said something about me being a pretty girl. several questions arose here. why is this relevant to my age? why did you give me that look?`what are you thinking i legit slept 4 hours? The odd occurrences begin...


O dear. i have to go. this is certainly not the end of the first entry but i reall must go to the train station. hopefull i can continue this tonight in munich .sorry.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you have indeed made it to Europe, and i wait anxiously to hear what else the lady had to say to you, but seeing as you are in europe whatever she said clearly did not stop you from boarding the plane. hope you are having an excellent time! and keep updating!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the bag worked!

Tamra said...

I think you should start keeping a tally of how many women hit on you in Europe.

molski said...

haha i will tamra
i am trying so hard to make this work. do you have any idea how long it takes to write in a journal? it is absurd! i am so behind.
and sadly i get nauseous on most forms oftransport. but maybe on my6 hour train tomorrow. and now i am off to do more since this junk internet runs out in2 minutes

Tamra said...

Keep it up! Believe me, I know how time consuming journals get and you just don't see the point in writing anymore- but trust me, you'll appreciate taking the time to do it later. Plus I want to hear all your witty commentary. :-)

HelenW said...

Just have fun. You can write about it later. The point is you're here. Live in the moment.

Glad you are having fun, albeit having to spend 6 hours on a train.

Sarah said...

You have to keep a journal, else, Tamra and I will wave ours in your face. Also, remember how happy you were when you kept one before?

I feel as though I should keep a journal while you are away, as I would like to catch you up on my doin's.

Buy me stuff! (hahah)